So I just got done watching the “mainstream” episode of Monday Night Wars and I hop on my dirtsheet of choice to get the latest on my favorite sport, the sport of professional wrestling. I see that Nikki Bella ran her mouf on SmackDown and her promo was edited. I read her words, then for entertainment, read the comments. Everyone seems to go into business for themselves and shoot in promos and non wrasslin interviews every chance they get.
Look here. AJ said about a week ago “talent isn’t sexually transmitted” and honestly a worse person couldn’t have said that shit. A year or more ago when she had her pipebomb promo on the Total Divas falls under the same category. How could someone who was with CM Punk at the time, married to him currently… that in storyline was engaged to Daniel Bryan, then kissed CM Punk, Kane and John Cena in the mouf during the buildup to their triple threat, then jumped into bed with Dolph Ziggler against Cena… even VAGUELY allude to other people “sleeping their way to the top”? The Bellas were out of the company and they came back in relationships with Cena and Bryan. Talent WAS in fact, sexually transmitted because they’ve both gotten much better in the ring. I just think it’s a bad look for them to be so catty whether this shit is a work or a shoot.
The best storylines blend reality with fiction, like when Mick Foley had that interview with Jim Ross where they played footage of him essentially backyard wrasslin as a teen. Like when Matt Hardy and Edge had a blood feud over Lita. Maybe… AJ and the Bellas despise each other. Thing is… double standards exist for most of us. Many of us couldn’t care less if HHH literally slept his way to the VERY top of the company but we think these women’s talent and work ethic < fucking top guys in the industry. Many of us don’t give a shit about women wrestling to begin with.
I care about women’s wrestling. The Divas episode of Monday Night Wars was very well done and really reminded me what a big part of WWE’s success names like Sunny, Sable, Chyna, Trish, and Lita were. I am very pissed though I haven’t typed many characters on the subject… that… lemme bullet point this TRASH.
- Brie Bella quit in storyline to remove Stephanie’s leverage in demanding Bryan give up the title or she’d be fired. She slaps Stephanie on her way out the door.
- That lost all meaning when Bryan didn’t recover soon enough to keep the title on him and he was stripped anyway.
- With Bryan and Brie gone, that left Nikki to be Stephanie’s lightning rod. She was booked in all kinds of handicap matches, jumped by guest referees and fighting with an arm tied behind her back.
- Brie sat in the front row and watched her sister get obliterated then slapped Steph again as she talked her shit.
- Steph would press charges and have Brie arrested. Then they flipped it and Steph slapped her and got arrested. Nothing after this makes ANY sense.
- Brie blackmails Steph into giving her her job back. Giving her sister a raise. Having a match at SummerSlam.
- Nikki helps Stephanie win the match at SummerSlam and Steph gives her a title shot.
- Brie wins the same matches Nikki couldn’t win. Nikki fails to win the Divas title.
- They eventually, months later, have a match over being a slave to the other, or be fired.
- Nikki gets another title shot. AJ spends the entire build beating up Brie and humiliating Nikki.
- Brie helps Nikki win the title right as her slavery is ending and apparently now she is a heel standing in solidarity with her sister who cost her a high profile match, did several fucked up things to humiliate her… and just… ugh.
They haven’t even bothered to explain the illogic of this by having Brie come out and say that she had beef with her sister but now her beef is with AJ or some shit. They literally nullified and voided half a year of storytelling. Literally nothing about the Bellas or AJ’s careers is logical. I still ain’t forgot the time a woman wearing a “Cougar” chain got AJ fired from being GM because she allegedly slept with Cena because we all forgot that she married and helped a man win several world championships then managed another man against him when they divorced and helped him to his first world title. That makes about as much sense as a pair of women linked to big time wrasslin superstars throwing each other shade for having sex with wrasslers.
I cri evrytiem.